The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Thursday, August 4, 2011

Always Accessorize!

With the hard work being done on the bathroom, I have been spending time accessorizing! When I worked in retail we were required to wear three clothing pieces and at least two accessories every time we worked and now I started carrying this philosophy into decorating a house! Like earrings, a great belt, or necklace- this is just adding the little details to make the space sparkle- literally and figuratively!

So this is the time of year to find good stuff at garage sales for way cheap. And so far, mostly every accessory for this bathroom has come from garage sales. I love that! It helps leave room in the budget for the perfect but more costly pieces (like the rug you will see!- so perfect but wow-Target is getting pricey!)

Here are some of the fun additions!
Fabric shade for the window! 
Rug I found at Target! So perfect together! Say Hello to Teter!
 And these are my garage sale finds totaling  whole $2!
Shelf was bright yellow and painted it white. I must add that the best part of painting this shelf was the fact that my Dad left his electronic sander behind for me! I've been asking for one for months now!!!

Vase was one of two I got for $1. Still has the Crate and Barrel tag on it!

And the vanity got the pair vase and a super cool soap pump from Target!
And of course that mirror is an accessory!
I chose hooks for towels rather than a bar.
And, there you have it! Accessories..... part 1! 
And my next project.... learning to paint furniture with spray paint! 
An old secretary desk, (may) become new again! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment