The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Friday, February 11, 2011

Why am I Hungry....

I've only been back to work for two full days and each day I have planned for good meals and the same amount of food I ate when I was at home and yet I find myself more hungry! And when you work in a building with a McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Bell (bleh!) in the basement it's really hard to make good eating decisions!!!


  
And the honorable mention goes to my students (who adult metabolism has not caught up with yet) who eat french fries from the cafe in the building daily. And they are legit, good cafe french fries- I swore I would not be eating after I was done being pregnant. (I remember my days in college where I would eat Carl's Jr. multiple times a week and sometimes multiple times a day and never gained a pound!)

I now know putting that stuff into my body does not make me feel good and would much rather enjoy my whole wheat turkey sandwich with garlic aioli spread, spinach, and provolone cheese. But it leaves me wanting more! (and I've been drinking water- LOTS AND LOTS of water!)

Just had to add it for my baby boy!!!
Which leads me to the question... how much am I actually hungry or just bored? Like many other college campuses across this nation, Fridays are much slower. But on a 100% commuter campus in a downtown environment, with the weather being warmer than it has been in weeks... this campus is DEAD. D.E.A.D.- dead.Most days I don't mind it- it gives me time to do projects and decompress from a week- but today it's making me hungry! (I have plenty of things to work on- I've been gone from my job for 3 months!)

And it leads to another question- is it more work to take care of a baby or do my job? Maybe I don't want the answer to that one....

So I'll be here for the rest of the day I'll be here making good decisions about eating hoping to calm the hungry monster that has grown in my stomach! Maybe I should name it :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment