The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Monday, July 18, 2011

Maybe Its Time to Create A Little...

New Wall Color
So you could say I have a new interest, or should I say Pinterest! (if you have not checked out this website you should! It's pages and pages of ideas. I call it my virtual magazine clipping website for images, ideas and inspiration!)

I have been spending way too much time combing the pages and pages of images on this website, getting inspired and thinking.... maybe its time to create again.

I love creating. You name it- i'll try it. But lately, there has not been too much creating going on. (It may be due to work, school, and two cute men in my life) I think that I've just given it up to do other things and now it's coming back around.

I follow a few friends who are amazing at creating and being artists and I get so inspired and excited for them and always think- hey wait I can do that! (deep down- if I wasn't such an extrovert-  I would love to be paid a million dollars to decorate and design my house!)


So I guess I created a lot for Connor's room... and now I am thinking about the rest of the house. Mainly our downstairs, where we spend 90% of our time in our house. I'm finding so really cool ideas and now thinking about ways to put them into our home.

Now I have a way to make these!

One project I'm definitely going to try is this one! All it took was a tablecloth, varnish, and time! And it's perfect for our bedroom, where the dogs spend most of their day because it wipeable!

When I shared this with Joe he said "ummm... do I really want to know?" I say no, just give me a budget and creative freedom, Honey and I promise you will not only have a house but a home to be in with me and a cute little 9 month old!

We're redoing (and updating) one of the bathrooms in our house in the next two weeks. Time to start creating! I love how things come into my life at the right time to remind me of how to create things I love.

Here is a sneak peak of what I hope the place looks like when were done...

Over the window with a roman blind

dark cabinet with white counter and a new mirror


No comments:

Post a Comment