The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It Looks Just Like the Picture!

Ok, I did it! I tried a new recipe that seems a little challenging both in cooking and presentation. 
Come to find out it was a success!

So here it is... I made cheese and quinoa stuffed peppers. Something that neither Joe and I had ever tried. I learned Saturday night that I wasn't even pronouncing quinoa correctly. I kept saying q-no-a when it's pronouced keen-wa. Needless to say when I started cooking I wondered if my result would be correct as well.

And here is my version! It looks just like the picture. I was pretty proud of myself before even tasting it. Proud that it came out looking as it should and proud that we were trying something new. I made chicken just in case the stuffed pepper turned out crappy so we would have something to eat.
So the real food critic in our house is Joe... wait, I digress, he's not critical- he's a meat and potatoes mid-west man who can eat the same things over and over again. I'm not kidding he has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day for lunch and has been eating cereal for breakfast everyday since before high school.  And I asked him to try this...

I am happy to report that he not only tried it.... he ate it! I asked him to be honest with me about the food and he said "If I didn't like it I wouldn't eat it." I would say that I can safely give my cooking one point!

Here's on to the next new recipe for us and here's one more for discovering and trying something new :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment