The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starting...

So after reading a few other friends blogs I've decided to give this whole thing a try. Knowing me, this is either going to turn into another creative outlet or my interest will fade over time. Either way, I'm trying to still to this overwhelming theme for 2011 in my life. I feel like 2011 is going to be a year of trying new things, discovering new abilities and talents, and renewing my own spirit.
Our Little Man!

So the reason for this year of new is our little man, Connor. Only here for 11 weeks and already filling our lives with smiles, laughs, talks, and fun. So 2011 is going to be a year of new because for the first time I will be living life as a mom and balancing all the other roles in my life. Having Connor has forced me to relearn so many things already- things I've been doing for years! Who ever knew that having a baby would make you relearn how to do makeup, cook dinner, and drive a car!

I've also vowed that 2011 would be the year of creativity starting with cooking. I LOVE to bake and I think that I'm pretty good at it. But cooking and I have always been in a basics relationship and it's getting pretty boring. So figurative and literally I'm trying to spice and season up our food life. The Food Network and I have become friends and I'm starting to learn more about process of cooking and the relationship with flavor that so many wonderful cooks and chefs have. I doubt that I will be hired as a executive chef by the end of 2011 but I hope that we will have added some great new dishes, meals and flavors to our food lives. I've already tried http://www.foodnetwork.com/cooking-for-real/bistro-night-in/index.html and am happy to say that the results were a hit!

So there you go, 2011, a year to try, discover and renew. Who knows what is waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment