The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Favorite Moment of the Day

When I get Connor up in the morning, in the last week he's started to react when we lean over the crib to get him up. It's my favorite moment of the day. Because for about 30 seconds the world stops and nothing else matters but the smile the comes across his face.

Here, see what I mean...

And I needed that moment today when Connor decided last night that midnight to 3am was going to be playtime rather than sleeping time. Now, I know that we are very, very luck parents because he sleeps through the night and has for a while now. He gets up to eat once around 4am and other than that just sleeps. So I had to remember last night at 2:30am when I was ready to give up that this is a once in a while thing.

But here's the other thing that came to my mind last night as we were watching the food network late night, I'm not working. And what is this going to be like when I'm back working 40 hours a week, taking classes, and trying to take care of myself and Joe. Needless to say it feels like a steep incline of a learning curve right now.

But I'm also reminded today on Connor's 3 month birthday that 3 months ago when he came the learning curve was just as steep and somehow we've figured that all out. He's gone from a baby to a little boy.


First Days
3 months

So here's to discovering the world of being a working mom and appreciating the amazing moments I get to have with my husband and our son.

P.S. If there are any working moms out there with tips and tricks I'm all ears :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment