The Adventures of the Halter Family...

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before. Follow it up, explore all around it, and before you know it, you will have something worth thinking about to occupy your mind. All really big discoveries are the results of thought. - Alexander Graham Bell




Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mmmmmm.... Coffee.

I have a love/hate relationship with coffee. I love drinking it but my stomach hates it.

Just Cannot Wait!
 So here's the deal... about 5 years ago my new years resolution was to give up coffee. I lived in a residence hall with a Starbuck on my meal plan. Needless to say it was bad news for me, my meal plan, and my stomach. So I decided it would be better to not drink coffee anymore. And I was successful.... until I started working for SDSU and most meetings were conducted at Starbucks.

So again, a few years later I decided that it was time to give it up again. And it worked, I found tea! If you have never been to Teavana, you have to try it. I recommend the combination or Mate Vana and Roobios Chai. It's a tea for coffee lovers :-) And until Connor came it worked. I just absolutely loved having something hot and creamy to drink on cold, cold, Denver mornings.

Well then pregnancy came- no tea, no coffee, little to no caffeine. And then Connor was born and my sleep life changed and now its almost a must to function during the day to have coffee.

When Connor and I get up in the morning, he plays for about 30 minutes, just enough time for me to heat water, brew coffee, add my creamer and splenda, and sip! I wait with anticipation and when Connor fusess instead of playing, we make coffee together.

I know that I should not love coffee this much or look forward to it with as much anticipation as I do each morning. But especially on those cold, cold morning, I just sigh with content when that creamy, hot, yummy, nutty drink hits my lips :-)


Pioneer Woman's French Breakfast Puff Recipe
 And to go with that coffee, Cinnamon Sugar Muffins. I love making cupcakes probably more than anything else and thanks to the Pioneer Woman's cookbook I have now become friends with the cupcakes cousin, the muffin!

These "muffins" taste like cinnamon sugar donuts and probably should not be a breakfast food but the sweet goodness was too much to refuse. And with my yummy coffee lets just say that my morning breakfast was sooooo worth it.

I have vowed that I need to make these again but make them for somebody other than Joe and I because it took all my will power to send them with Joe to work the next day for his office to enjoy.

So here is to my cup of coffee each morning and the wonderfulness that comes from being able to just sit back and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment